Adolescent Adjustment Overview
Teenagers may engage in risky behaviors often jeopardizing themselves and others as they attempt to cope with adolescence and peer pressure. Sometimes teenagers hang out with the wrong crowd and don’t know how to make better choices without guidance.
How Columbia Counseling Can Help
Call the Center and become involved in taking an active role in redirecting your adolescent down the right path to grow and mature with self respect and pride.
- Self injurious behavior – cutting
- Self esteem and self concept issues
- Running away
- College adjustment
- Experimentation with drugs and alcohol
- Poor judgement and reasoning
- Body image issues
- Identity conflicts
- Implusivity and reactivity